Full course description
This is a self-paced version of our popular Distance Mental Health for Clinicians Course, 3-week course. The material is provided for your exploration. Participants will take a close look at the growing trend of distance mental health services and their importance for community college students.This self-paced course is not eligible for Continuing Education Units (CEU's), and does not earn a badge.
By the end of this course, Mental Health Clinicians will be able to:
- Identify multiple forms of distance mental health counseling
- Explain legal and ethical guidelines of distance mental health services
- Identify challenges and potential solutions specific to distance mental health counseling
- Define and describe scope of practice at home institution
Duration: Self Paced
Level of Difficulty: Intermediate.
The course material is designed for experienced Mental Health Clinicians, however the technology used in this course is designed for novice online counselors who should have the following:
- Basic computer skills (word processing, email, file management)
- Basic internet skills (use of browser, searches, uploading/downloading files)
- Familiarity with discussion boards
- An open mind and willingness to try new things