Full course description
The OEI’s Canvas Summer Camp is the place to be if you like learning in a fast-paced, focused way. The program will take place over two consecutive half-days and will introduce you to the beauties of using Canvas in online, hybrid, and face-to-face classes. These simple, hands-on lessons give you the chance to master Canvas in your own practice course to build a home page, content page, discussion, and quiz, while also exploring how to use Canvas communication tools.
If you're new to Canvas, or just want a powerful refresher on the basics, this course is a great starting point, and you get to keep your sandbox to play in, experiment, and build your online material! (The Canvas Summer Camp is a compressed version of the OEI’s regular 4-week “Intro to Canvas” course. Same content, same badge.) You’ll master the same Canvas basics and earn the same digital badge as in the OEI’s traditional 4-week “Intro to Canvas” course. So if you prefer to learn at a brisk pace, our summer camp is just right for you!
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Customize your Canvas profile and notification preferences to fit your needs
- Create and archive announcements to keep your students engaged and updated
- Develop modules to organize your content most effectively
- Design a welcoming, impactful home page
- Set up a discussion, quiz, and/or assignment exactly the way you want
- Use a variety of communication tools to streamline contact with students
- Use the SpeedGrader tool to make grading fast and easy
This is an introductory course designed for users new to Canvas. Though it does not fulfill a requirement for any @ONE certificates, it's an important starting point, and may be required by your campus.
Duration: 2 half days and verification of attendance for up to 8 hours of flex credit (pending your college’s approval).
Level of Difficulty: Beginning
Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Education credit is not available for this course as it does not meet the eligiblity requirements for Fresno Pacific University credits. If you need Continuing Education credits please enroll for a 4 week facilitated course.