Full course description
This 4-week course will introduce you to the beauties of using Canvas in online, hybrid, and face-to-face classes. These simple, hands-on lessons give you the chance to master Canvas in your own practice course to build a home page, content page, discussion, and quiz, while also exploring how to use Canvas communication tools.
If you're new to Canvas, or just want a powerful refresher on the basics, this course is a great starting point, and you get to keep your sandbox to play in, experiment, and build your online material!
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Customize your Canvas profile and notification preferences to fit your needs
- Create and archive announcements to keep your students engaged and updated
- Develop modules to organize your content most effectively
- Design a welcoming, impactful home page
- Set up a discussion, quiz, and/or assignment exactly the way you want
- Use a variety of communication tools to streamline contact with students
- Use the SpeedGrader tool to make grading fast and easy
This is an introductory course designed for users new to Canvas. Though it does not fulfill a requirement for any @ONE certificates, it's an important starting point, and may be required by your campus.
Duration: 4 weeks
Time Commitment: approximately 10 hours per week, for a total of 40 hours (Thanksgiving Holiday: Monday, November 25 - Sunday, December 1)
Level of Difficulty: Beginning
Optional Continuing Education Credit
Participants in this course can seek optional professional development/continuing education credits by dual-enrolling. A separate fee to the university for graduate-level credit will apply. To learn more, visit Course & CEU Information