Full course description
“Building a Team: Training OER Support Staff” is tailored for those overseeing OER projects. Anchored in the OER Competency Framework, this course delves into the foundations of OER, including citation, licensing, and technical requirements like accessibility and formatting. Participants will also learn the intricacies of sharing and managing OER effectively.
- Review the fundamentals and significance of Open Educational Resources (OER) in higher education.
- Gain proficiency in the basics of citing, licensing, and ensuring the technical aspects of OER such as accessibility and formatting.
- Master the techniques for sharing, managing, and tracking OER initiatives.
- Develop strategies for building and training efficient OER support teams grounded in the OER Competency Framework.
- Fulfills: This introductory course is designed for those developing ZTC pathway programs at California community colleges.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Time Commitment: Approximately 36 hours
- Pre-requisite: None
- Level of Difficulty: Beginning
Optional Graduate-Level University Credit
Participants in this course can seek optional graduate-level university credits through Fresno Pacific University. A separate fee due to FPU will apply. To learn more, visit the FPU @ONE Online Courses page.