Full course description
The root causes of PDF accessibility barriers vary, from technical mistakes to authoring errors. In this course, participants will learn how to install and use the PAC3 and PAC2021 Accessibility tools to make PDF files more accessible. This self-paced course aims to guide learners in acquiring a comprehensive understanding of PDF accessibility checking, including the tools, workflows, and outcomes associated with a computer-aided accessibility evaluation of PDF materials.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the legal mandates (Section 508) and technical specifications (WCAG, PDF/UA) that drive the requirements for programmatic verification (checking) of PDF materials.
- Differentiate between the PAC3 and PAC2021 tools, understanding their similarities, differences, and capabilities.
- Install and set up the PAC tool; navigate through the installation process; become familiar with the home screen interface.
- Execute systematic checking workflow for PDF accessibility, utilizing the PAC tool.
- Apply knowledge and comprehension through knowledge checks, examples, and practical application of concepts.