Full course description
In this short "Do it For Yourself" challenge, you will learn how important good course design can be in supporting student success, as well as learning several "secret" strategies and tips for enhancing your course design! Each day you can plan to spend about 20-30 minutes on the activity.
Each challenge is set up as a 20-minute daily activity to be completed across five days.
- Day 1: How Course Design Impacts Student Learning
- Day 2: Link Validator to the Rescue!
- Day 3: Brand Your Course for Visual Impact
- Day 4: Enhance Consistency with Templates
- Day 5: Tidying Up
5-Day Challenges are designed for those new to Canvas who need to build a basic framework to build on.
PLEASE NOTE: Self-paced, non-facilitated courses are not eligible to receive continuing education units from Fresno Pacific. If you require a certificate of completion for this 5-Day Challenge, complete for the optional assessment to receive a course badge.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify how good course design supports student learning
- Brand your course for visual impact
- Develop and use templates to create a consistent learning experience
- Streamline content management
- Track ongoing details and tasks for each course
This is a 5-Day course is classified as self-paced because you choose your start date, and have the option of either following the 5-Day recommended schedule or modifying as desired. This course and all @ONE self-paced courses are not part of our certificate programs. If you are taking this course to fulfill a requirement on your campus, please check with your campus to ensure they will honor a self-paced course. You must register for the optional Challenge Review to receive confirmation of completion.
Duration: 5 days (self-paced)
Time Commitment: 20 minutes for each of five daily challenges
Level of Difficulty: Beginning
Optional Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Education credit is not available for self-paced courses.