5-Day Challenge: Organizing Your Canvas Course (Self-Paced)
Full course description
Course design is a vital part of equitable, asynchronous online learning that helps to promote a welcoming, engaging, and effective learner experience. This 5-Day Challenge is designed to guide you through the process of developing the framework for a content module in Canvas. You will build a foundation for designing an asynchronous online course that welcomes your students and is organized into manageable chunks to support the needs of your diverse learners. Each challenge is set up as a 20 minute daily activity to be completed across 5 days. The 5 challenges are:
- Day 1: Create a Home Page
- Day 2: Create a Module
- Day 3: Create an Assignment
- Day 4: Add Multimedia
- Day 5: Create a Discussion.
5-Day Challenges are designed for those new to Canvas who need to build a basic framework to build on.
PLEASE NOTE: Self-paced, non-facilitated courses are not eligible to receive continuing education units from Fresno Pacific. If you require a certificate of completion for this 5-Day Challenge, complete for the optional assessment a course badge.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Create a warm and engaging home page that welcomes learners.
- Create a module that organizes your course to promote a seamless and engaging learner experience
- Create an assignment to evaluate learner progress and provide formative feedback
- Add multimedia to promote Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Create a Discussion to offer opportunities for learner interaction and community building
This is a 5-Day course is classified as self-paced because you choose your start date, and have the option of either following the 5-Day recommended schedule or modifying as desired. This course and all @ONE self-paced courses are not part of our certificate programs. If you are taking this course to fulfill a requirement on your campus, please check with your campus to ensure they will honor a self-paced course, and register for the optional Challenge Review.
Duration: 5 days (self-paced)
Time Commitment: 20 minutes for each of 5 daily challenges
Level of Difficulty: Beginning
Optional Continuing Education Credit
Continuing Education credit is not available for self-paced courses.