Full course description
This course explores the connections between Generative Artificial Intelligence (AI), Open Educational Resources (OER), and Open Pedagogy. You will gain essential AI literacy and have the opportunity to practice using one or more AI tools as well as review the basics of OER and Open Pedagogy. Then, you will explore strategies for harnessing AI to create or adapt OER, while identifying opportunities to collaborate with students. You will also dig into the ethical considerations related to employing AI in open education as well as evolving practices for licensing and attributing work created with generative AI.
- Describe what Generative AI is and isn't, and how it's used in higher education.
- Implement strategies for using Generative AI with OER and Open Pedagogy.
- Articulate ethical concerns for using Generative AI with OER and Open Pedagogy.
- Describe evolving practices for licensing and attributing work created with generative AI.
- Fulfills: This introductory course is designed for those developing ZTC pathway programs at California community colleges.
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Time Commitment: Approximately 36 hours
- Pre-requisite: None
- Level of Difficulty: Beginning
Optional Graduate-Level University Credit
Participants in this course can seek optional graduate-level university credits through Fresno Pacific University. A separate fee due to FPU will apply. To learn more, visit the FPU @ONE Online Courses page.